|Contract Duration:||7 months|
|Grading:||4, 5 or 6, depending on experience and qualifications|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany) and the outstations are in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy).
EMBL’s Resource Development Coordination Officer role will involve working closely with the Head of Resource Development in preparing the information base for effective identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gift donors. The Resource Development Coordination Officer role will involve supporting EMBL’s Head of Resource Development in his/her task of developing strategies how to engage donors and supporters for the organization. The Resources Development Coordination Officer also supports the Corporate Partnership Programme Officer as needed.
The main responsibilities of the Resource Development Coordination Officer role are:
- Managing EMBL’s fundraising initiatives, projects, events and meetings,
- Preparing and maintaining up-to-date prospect profiles by maintaining a sophisticated fundraising database,
- Providing administrative support to the Office of Resource Development,
- Researching specific sectors of industry and groups of individuals as part of a proactive and reactive research strategy, coordinating cooperation with scientists, directorate and other departments, keeping track of EMBL’s Moves Management.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate is expected to have work experience in suitable areas as an analyst, librarian, fundraiser, Business Economist (German Betriebswirt), Industrial Business Management Assistant (German Industriekaufmann), marketing, communication, and/or as an administrator/assistant. The candidates should at least have a Bachelors degree or Master of Arts degree.
The key qualities needed for the role are:
- Being a well determined and experienced researcher with a well organized working style.
- Familiarity with a wide range of online and offline information sources, interest in fundraising, general interest in science and research.
- Ability to work efficiently with office software and databases, fluency in German and English reading, writing and conversation.
- Awareness of important individuals, companies and organisations around Heidelberg, in Germany and beyond.
Please apply online through
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.